OUR MOONS

OUR MOONS
LORELEI MOON, ISABELLA MOON, ANNABETH MOON

21 February 2012

Hope

So we went to Tahoe at 7am this morning for your swallow study and your upper GI test. Your xrays looked good no crazy deformations in your throat or stomach. I was pretty excited. No aspiration into your lungs either which is super rare for children with your disease. So I was even more excited. You were a true solider during all of the tests and not being able to eat for like 6 hours. You did so well I was so proud of you I wish I could be more like you. The speech therapist who did your swallow test said whatever doctor suggested a feeding tube was really rushing the gun without any proof other then vomiting. So we have a game plan of how to feed you and when to feed you and just monitor it and see if you start packing on the pounds. I do have to say that you have not even vomited once today just by listening to her suggestions. All in all it was a pretty good day for you. I do wonder now why you have a chronic cough I hope its not like pnemonia or anything. Thursday we go see your pediatrician so we will collaberate and see what she says. I love that you have the most amazing pediatrician in the world I would not trust my children with any other doctor. She always does her research before making a descion and realizes all children are different especially you Annabeth :D Tomorrow you and I are jsut hang out with your sisters and do some baking and floding mounds of laundry its almost a dream that we actually do not have to leave the house lol. Have I told you how much I love you and how much you have proven every doctor wrong. You are a rare Trisomy case and proving all the logical answers fro Trisomy 9 inaccurate that they really do not know anything about it. I am sure God has his hand in there somewhere :D he and I have had some serious yelling matches :D I hope he doesnt reprimand me for it lol. Today was a day of true hope and made me smile and take a moment and laugh today which isnt something I have done in a long time. You make our family perfect Annabeth, your sisters adore you. Thank you for letting me be your mother I truely am blessed. Hugs and kisses to my Moon babies, Love mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment