OUR MOONS

OUR MOONS
LORELEI MOON, ISABELLA MOON, ANNABETH MOON

30 May 2012

Just Breath

Wow so baby girl life with you is anything but boring that is for sure. I never have time to do much I wish you could see the house I know I will take pictures for you so you can see how messy our house is all of the time now and I am a super duper clean freak so this totally bugs me. Anyway its been a few weeks (because I just dont have time) so the latest is you are doing great. We just saw Dr Ehmann your pediatrician yesterday and yes I held back the tears this time. It was soooo nice to see her. So you weigh 14.2 pounds and you are 27 inches long and 6 months old. I know you are still small but it is what it is. We are aware you are not up to speed with the rest of the six month old children but hey who cares, you are alive and growing so that is all the matters to me. So we still dont know when medicaid is going to drop us but we know that its a fight to keep it. So I cant keep doing this every month fighting with the state of Nevada to get you to see a doctor any doctor and they are all in california and medicaid wont cover those either. So we are trying to short sale our home and if that does not work then we will just foreclose and we are going to be moving soon to south lake tahoe california so we can get you health insurance. We already checked it out and we qualify for healthy families and they have programs lots of them for disabled children they will help you and you will be able to see all of your doctors in sacramento who love and miss you and cant wait to give you your check ups. So I can breath just a little now. However we got word that medicaid is not wanting to cover any of your doctors bills from the emergency visit to sacramento because well its in california and nevada does not like california in any way shape or form. Nevada did not have any doctor here that could treat you we had no choice no options you were vomiting blood uncontrollably and the only gastrologist here in nevada said it was normal, well obviously we know now it wasnt normal and he was a complete idiot and almost killed you, anyway I wont go into that again, it just really upsets me that he did not do his job. Ok so anyway we have thousands upon thousands of dollars in bills I owe more in your medical bills than I owe on every one of our bills. I tried getting a loan for 100 grand to pay all of our bills off and part of yours so we could make payments on the rest but no people dont do that, so that sucked. Ok so now more about you and not your bills lol you my dear are rolling from side to side and you have even rolled to your belly a few times but then got mad because you cant lift your head so you could not breath lol but you did it thats huge. You are also trying so hard to control the movement in your hands to hold things and it makes you so mad that you cant, so I work with you all of the time to help out your concentration. You like to touch my face thats super cool and you laugh you laugh when ever you are not crying you are laughing. You love love love elephants its your favorite thing to look at and I found out this is a very good Hindu omen :D this makes me very happy. You still cry all of the time because your belly has bad gas and painful gas it hurts you so you just scream until you either fart, poop, or fall asleep, its sad and it breaks my heart.

So my perfect little Moon baby things are ok I mean we are crazy in debt and i have no idea how to get out I have never not paid bills before I am never late on bills but really what are you gonna do we have to just let the medical bills go to collection and figure stuff out later. So for now we are packing everyday and we are going to get you to California where we can get you help. This is all a huge thank you to your aunt Michelle or we would not be able to move and we would be stuck here without any medical and you would never be able to see a doctor again. So basically between the California doctors and your pediatrician and your aunt Michelle your life has been and will continue to be saved.

I love you baby girl just keep hanging on we will get you to the doctors soon you are our shining Moon so keep shining.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. And I thought we were doing it tough. We are New Zealanders living in Australia. Our 3 year old Daughter was born in Australia with Down Syndrome. Being born here does not make her a citizen. She will get her citizenship when she turns 10. In the meantime, we are fighting for Permanent Residency, which we are actually disqualified from due to her disability. Our only choice was to move 7 hours away from the children's hospital and the city, and hope they grant us a medical waiver (something that is only allowed for those living in the outback). In the meantime, she is excluded from many services because she is not a citizen of her own country, nor a Permanent Resident. Our government sounds like it would get on well with Nevada! We are currently being evicted from our rental property so the owners can raise the rent from $410 a week to $700 a week (and that's for a house with a lot of issues!). So I do understand some of your woes. I read your story and just wept. Your daughter is simply beautiful. I wish I could sit down and weep with you. Hug you. And if we weren't struggling ourselves, I wish I could give you some real help. Praying for a miracle for you all xxxx Carolyn

    ReplyDelete